Chris Guillebeau – Episode 60 – Side Hustles: Everything You Need to Know
I am so grateful that I was able to catch best-selling author, Chris Guillebeau, during this 100-city book tour and pick his brain about his current book, Side Hustle: From Idea to Income in 27 Days. If you’re thinking of picking up a side hustle, be sure to tune in as he talks about important factors to consider when choosing one and following through with it. Hint: His book offers a simple path that with hard work will help you rock your side hustle.
• After visiting every country in the world (193), what have you learned about business, money or people that has absolutely blown your mind?
• What have you noticed when it comes to entrepreneurship compared to the U.S.?
• How do people in other parts of the world view the idea of working so hard and long to make money compared to the U.S.?
• Do you have a favorite moment of giving?
• How realistic is it for someone to have a successful side hustle up and running, churning out cash, in 27 days?
• What’s one of your all-time favorite side hustle success stories?
• Where do most people typically get stuck or go wrong in their side hustle?
“The pursuit of wealth for wealth’s sake just becomes a compulsion and it’s not making us happier.”
“You can do good things for yourself and help people at the same time.”
“Helping others can help you help yourself.”
“Whatever success I have now is very closely related to those years of exploration and discovery and giving of myself.”
“I take complex concepts and turn them into a simple path.”
“You don’t have to live your life as others expect.”
Chris Guillebeau is the New York Times bestselling author of The $100 Startup, The Art of Non-Conformity, and other books. During a lifetime of self-employment, he visited every country in the world (193 in total) before his 35th birthday. Every summer in Portland, Oregon he hosts the World Domination Summit, a gathering of creative, remarkable people. His latest book, Born for This, will help you find the work you were meant to do.