Today, Dave Hollis and I sit down and jam on how to support powerful women. He is the CEO of The Hollis Company, and husband to Rachel Hollis, the famous author of the books Girl, Wash Your Face and Girl, Stop Apologizing. Before he joined Rachel in building The Hollis Company, he had an incredible career in publicity, talent management, marketing and brand management, mostly in the motion pictures industry for some of the biggest companies in the world.
Dave and Rachel have four kids, and yet they still find a way to run one of the largest self-development brands in the world. We’re going to do a deep dive into how they make that work, how they keep their relationship and being a great parent a priority, while having this explosive growth.
- Tell me about the moment where you had to choose to pursue your personal development?
- What are the one or two actions or beliefs that you had to change in that moment?
- What is the key to being a really great partner to a very powerful woman?
- Are there times you ever feel like Rachel Hollis’ husband instead of the person you are yourself?
- What are some of the hacks and non-negotiables that you’ve installed to protect your role as lovers and parents first?
- What is it like being on the other side of one of the most recognizable self-help brands?
- What are the most common lies that hold us back?
Dave Hollis serves as the CEO of The Hollis Company where he chases audacious dreams with his partner and CCO, the extraordinary NY Times Best-Selling author, motivational speaker and world-changer Rachel Hollis.
The Hollis Company is built around the belief that everybody is made for more. It exists to arm people from every background with the tools to change their life for the better. Our content is a mix of encouragement, authentic truth-telling and tangible direction to make lasting change. We create tools and foster community to help people grow in their relationships, businesses, sense of self, and opportunities to impact others.
The Hollis Co measures success in impact: how can the media, live events and merchandise we produce create real and lasting life change? The company lives in these lanes and it’s where the family of existing brands will continue to thrive.
Outside of The Hollis Co, Dave is a member of the Motion Picture Academy and sits on the membership committee, serves on an innovation board called Fandango Labs, as well as the board of Will Rogers Motion Pictures Pioneers, the board of foster care charity Austin Angels and the board of Pepperdine’s Institute for Entertainment, Media and Culture.
Dave believes in the importance of variety in a career as a prerequisite for considering any candidate — his myriad jobs in Research, Publicity, Talent Management, Grassroots Marketing, Brand Management, Retail Strategy, Technology Innovation and Sales has rounded his expertise and affords an informed, solution-oriented macro view of any business.
Dave is the father of four children, an adoptive father and four-time foster dad. As a family, the Hollis’ support philanthropy in the foster care and the teen/transitional homelessness space. They live and operate their business out of Austin, TX.
Follow me on social media @ChrisWHarder on Instagram and check out www.ForTheLoveOfMoney.com
You’re Going To Hear About:
- Choosing whether to step up or step out
- Keeping on the same trajectory as your partner
- Having the discipline to do the things you don’t want to in order to get the life that you want
- Sitting in discomfort in order to benefit from it
- Listening fully before tearing apart an idea
- Setting aside your ego
- Not letting the opinions of others hold you back
- The ways your role in your relationship will constantly change
- Pre-order the book: getoutofyourownwaythebook.com
- Instagram: instagram.com/mrdavehollis
- Facebook: facebook.com/mrdavehollis