I’m so excited for today’s episode, because I got to sit down and talk with Diana House. Diana is a lawyer turned serial entrepreneur, and has built and sold not 1, but 2 companies. She is the real deal. Diana has been honored and recognized as a top female entrepreneur, and now runs a private financing and commercial real estate investing company, Fast Forward Ventures, with her husband.
Today, Diana and I talk profit! That’s right, we are reminding you that profit is what’s important, and how not to get tripped up along the way. We also talk about building companies, as well as selling them, and what people may not realize about the process. What Diana has to offer is sure to be a gamechanger for you and your business. Be ready to learn how to love your numbers, and if you aren’t there yet, how to get over that fear surrounding them. This episode is sure to help you get to the next level in your life.
- What created the person you are now?
- Where did you turn when your family didn’t understand the path you began to take?
- Do you have any advice for people trying to sell a business?
- What did it feel like to be ambitious about a company you knew was doing good and not just creating profit?
- Do you have advice for working together as a couple?
- What insight can you offer around crowdsourcing funds?
- Who should consider crowdfunding?
- Why is it so important to manage finances from day one?
- How do you know if you finances are out of whack?
- Do people avoid their numbers because of ego or fear?
- How do you help your clients?
- Who should be contacting you for help?
“People really underestimate how long it takes to sell, and it often takes years.”
“I’m all about building real, cash flow businesses”
“Once the mindset is there, the second step is really awareness.”
“Whether you’re going to keep a business forever, or you’re going to sell, profit is actually the most important thing.”
“I think entrepreneurs are some of the most generous, loving people. Their “why” and their values for the business are very important, and I don’t ignore that.”
Diana House is a lawyer turned serial entrepreneur who is obsessed with empowering entrepreneurs around their business finances. She has been featured as one of the top female entrepreneurs in Canada by the w100 and also recognized as a top 20 under 40 entrepreneur by Business London.
Diana has built a highly profitable 7 figure company, been on Dragon’s Den (the Canadian version of Shark’s Tank), done a successful crowdsourcing campaign and sold two businesses in the e-commerce space. She now works with her fellow entrepreneur husband on Fast Forward Ventures a company focussed on private financing and commercial real estate investing.
Diana currently consults 1-on-1 with entrepreneurs on their business’ finances and is writing “the” book and course on entrepreneur finance “by an entrepreneur.”
Follow me on social media @ChrisWHarder on Instagram and check out www.ForTheLoveOfMoney.com