Today’s conversation with the one and only Natalie Jill of Natalie Jill Fitness is long overdue, but I feel like we’re connecting at the perfect time all the same. Having been friends with Natalie Jill for quite some time now, her initial rock-bottom comeback story is amazing, but after experiencing another setback recently, her story is both inspiring and eye-opening.
Natalie Jill’s journey began 15 years ago when she found herself at rock bottom – she was a divorced single mom who lost her house, her retirement and gained a lot of weight. She created a vision board to inspire her to make changes, but took it one step further by posting the process on social media for accountability. Not only did she find accountability, she also found a following that quickly led to a $3 million-plus business.
Seemingly having it all figured out, it was a shock when Natalie Jill realized that her “following” wasn’t hers and she saw a dramatic downslide to her business. With changing algorithms and a saturated market, she desperately attempted to turn it around by throwing money out to find a solution. Hundreds of thousands of dollars later, Natalie Jill went back to her initial strategy and that was to make authentic connections again – and it’s working like a charm.
Natalie Jill gets super honest and vulnerable throughout this episode and reveals what it truly means to be an entrepreneur – the highs and the rock-bottom lows. No stranger to those lows, it definitely made me reflect on how I can better connect with people both in my programs and following. What strides could you make if you connected on a more authentic level?
• What’s your favorite quote?
• What is your superpower?
• Who is someone who’s changed your life?
• What is one of your biggest accomplishments?
• [When you hit rock bottom], were you more scared that people were going to find out just how bad everything was or were you more scared that your life was changing and transitioning with so many changes so quickly?
• What was the first steps/thoughts in reconciling where you were at and stepping forward?
• How did you start to build momentum?
• How much money have you invested in “coaches” that weren’t the right fit?
• What would you have done differently?
• You’ve gone from broke to a $3 million business and back to broke – how has your happiness varied with different levels of income/net worth – or has it?
• How did your friends change or show up as you went through declines?
• What’s the most important lesson you’re drawing from your 15-year roller coaster journey?
• What are you building now?
• Where do you think the next safest place to build a following should be?
Natalie Jill’s Thoughts…
“Excuses or solutions – you decide.”
“Those little steps, over time, add up to big things.”
“The only difference between where we are now and where we want to be is our thoughts and actions.”
“It was never about my own specific vision, it was specifically about what are they asking for next and let me create that for them.”
“It took crashing and burning for me to finally realize what I learned 10 years ago at my rock bottom. It’s about being vulnerable, being real and connecting with people and it’s not about what somebody else is going to do for me.”
“My happiness does not relate to money – it relates to connection.”
“It’s not a following thing, it’s a connecting thing.”
Once upon a time, Natalie Jill lost her house, her retirement, her marriage ended and she gained a lot of weight. She was at ROCK BOTTOM. At the time she was in her late thirties and felt doomed. She had all kinds of nagging “False Aggravating Truths” that she believed about herself. She felt too old, too broke, too overweight and too depressed to do anything. She had so many Self Imposed Stops that were in her way.
Something had to shift. Her beliefs weren’t working for her.
She started by changing her STATE and decided she was NOT those self-imposed stops and created a vision for MORE, so maybe that process can help you.
In a nutshell, she turned it all around, got her life back and became an inspiration to others.
Now, she kills FAT for a living. The Fat on bodies AND that F.A.T. getting in the way.
Vivamus eget rutrum
ante, eu efficitur enim.
ecmi a imperdiet.
You’re Going To Hear About:
- Natalie’s rock-bottom moments
- The first steps Natalie Jill took to move forward after her rock bottom
- How accountability and sharing her journey led to her initial success
- Making authentic connections
- What went wrong with Natalie Jill’s success
- Social media and how it impacted her success
- Getting back to being authentic
- Failures and self-doubt
- Natalie Jill’s new podcast (Leveling Up: Creating Everything from Nothing)
- Why Natalie Jill is shifting her focus to smaller group interactions
- Natalie Jill’s new book, “Aging in Reverse” (releases May 2019)
- And so much more…
- Leveling Up: Creating Everything from Nothing Podcast
- IG: NatalieJillFit
- FB: Facebook.com/nataliejillfit
For more stories and tips on becoming unapologetically wealthy, follow me @Chriswharder on Instagram and check out www.fortheloveofmoney.com.