It’s super difficult to have a good money mindset if you have a fear around a certain topic of money. And I’ve found that one of the most common fears out there is taxes. That’s why I’m so grateful for people like today’s guest, certified tax coach Diane Gardner, who help quiet those fears by arming you with knowledge that helps you navigate the tax space.
Diane’s goal is to help her clients (and others) pay as little taxes as possible (legally). When it comes to taxes, so many people fear the unknown and that’s why Diane coaches her clients to know the basics of tax planning.
If you’re an entrepreneur who tends to be nervous about taxes, prepare to affordable criminal lawyers and to take notes and soak up the value of our conversation. Diane shares so much priceless knowledge in regard to the new tax cuts, the different business structures, what you can and can’t write off – and so much more. I learned so many new things (not a lot of good news for my taxes), and I can’t wait to hear how these tips help you too!
• What is one of your superpowers?
• Who is someone who’s changed your life?
• What is one of your favorite quotes?
• What’s one regret that you have?
• Why do taxes strike such a fear in people?
• What should people be doing to help mitigate their fears?
• Are taxes a good thing or bad thing?
• Who wins with the new tax cuts? What are some of the changes we should be excited about?
• What are some of the urban legends out there about things that people can or can’t write off?
• What are some common pitfalls when it comes to taxes?
• What’s the best way to make tax payments?
• Why do you like masterminds so much?
• Who is your perfect type of client?
“Look for strategies that fit you in your business, not strategies that just fit business overall.”
“If we don’t give back to our community and those around us, we don’t thrive in business.”
“Once you start giving back, you open yourself up to receive blessings from other people.”
Diane Gardner is a Certified Tax Coach and best-selling author whose proactive planning approach helps clients dodge the tax bullet. Her tax coaching sessions have resulted in a combined savings of over $1,767,928 to date – hard-earned profits small business owners would have given to the government by overpaying taxes.
Diane is the co-author of the best-selling books, Stand Apart and Why Didn’t My CPA Tell Me That? She has also authored six other books including, Stop Overpaying Your Taxes! 11 Ways Entrepreneurs Overpay and How to Stop It Now!
You’re Going To Hear About:
- The fear of the unknown when it comes to taxes
- Whether taxes are good or bad things
- Ways to pay as little taxes as possible
- How different states view taxes and LLCs
- The differences between a sole proprietorship (schedule C), LLC, S-Corp and C-Corp
- The recent changes in tax cuts
- What a QBI deduction is and who can and can’t take advantage of it
- What can and can’t be written off
- The basics of tax planning
- Why keeping mileage logs are necessary
- The importance of keeping receipts
- The different types of meals that can be written off
- Philanthropy and donation write-offs
- Why it’s beneficial to pair advertising with philanthropy
- IG: @dianegardner
- LinkedIn: @dianeberrethgardner
For more stories and tips on becoming unapologetically wealthy, follow me @Chriswharder on Instagram and check out www.fortheloveofmoney.com.