I am so inspired and proud to call today’s guest, David Wood, a friend and mentor. I’ve learned countless lessons from him over the years and today he shares even more with you.
Leaving home at age 15 with only $500 to his name, he spent many years backpacking and eventually landed in Canada. Throughout his journey, he learned early on to let go of the things that weren’t working and move on to the next. This practice (along with the gift of certainty) served him well and he now coaches thousands of other people who are looking to become more successful and make it an impact at the same time.
David is unapologetic about his success and life, and has a heart of gold – making it a point to give in some way, shape or form, on a daily basis. Tune in to hear all about his journey so far and also what he uncovers about me and my money mindset that I never even thought about!
• What’s your favorite quote?
• What’s one of your superpowers?
• What’s one thing you’re afraid of?
• What’s one of your favorite accomplishments so far?
• How did you get so much compassion?
• How did you develop your coaching style?
• When did you make the shift from troubled backpacker to the success story you are now?
• What is something that someone can do to gain certainty?
• Do you have any rituals or routine that ensures correct thoughts in your mind?
• What is something you’re working through right now?
• When did you start to value money?
• What are the different money archetypes?
• Why do people have walls up around money?
“When you consciously live in the unknown zone, it’s all about self-trust.”
“I never held onto things unless they were working.”
“Certainty is sexy.”
“The brain is not designed to make us rich and happy.”
“The only world you know is the one you’re in.”
“It wasn’t about being wealthy; it was about creating freedom.”
“It’s not about how much money we make, it’s about how that money works for us.”
“My wealth can only grow to the extent I grow myself.”
“Right time. Right vehicle. Right you.”
“The feeling of the need to apologize is because you want something that doesn’t match the environment you’re in.”
Crazy, rebel, misfit, troublemaker, are a few of the adjectives that have been used to describe David T.S. Wood, some others are, humanitarian, pinnacle leader, multi-millionaire, adventurer, master educator and goofball.
David is as comfortable leading a team to the 19,000-foot summit of Kilimanjaro, “The Roof of Africa,” as he is brainstorming with billionaires about changing the world.
He has trained over “one million” students from all corners of the world, and regardless of the venue, the language they speak or the duration of his program, his students ALWAYS describe him the same way: fearless, transparent, authentic, hilariously funny, effective and life-changing.
His radical, non-apologetic approach is not for everyone; it’s definitely not for the faint of heart, or for the person who is not ready for change, the person who is content to sit on the sidelines and watch the game of life being played out in front of them by others who are tired of the status quo or playing by the rules.
David continues to work all over the world helping his students break through their fears, create freedom and design extraordinary lives.
He likes to say, however, that his greatest accomplishment is being the proud father of his two son’s Calvin and Ben.
You’re Going To Hear About:
- How David gives on a daily basis
- Accepting others beliefs and still keeping your own
- How David went from troubled backpacker to success story
- The importance of certainty, transparency, and authenticity
- David’s daily rituals and routine
- How meditation changed David’s life
- How David working on his focus to amplify his impact
- How David is enjoying living in the moment
- David’s association with money growing up
- The four different money archetypes – hoarder, spender, money monk and avoider
- David’s impactful moments of giving
- Why your money mindset is a learned behavior
- Why environment is so crucial when it comes to living your life unapologetically
- And so much more…
- IG: @davidtswood
- FB: facebook.com/davidtswood
- Lori’s New Book; A Tribe Called Bliss is now availble!
For more stories and tips on becoming unapologetically wealthy, follow me @Chriswharder on Instagram and check out www.fortheloveofmoney.com.