If there was a literal checklist for my ideal guest on For the Love of Money, celebrity dentist Dr. Bill Dorfman, would check them all – and then some. Not only he probably the most famous dentist in the history of dentists (think Extreme Makeover, The Doctors and Oprah Winfrey), he’s also co-founder of one of the world’ leading dental product companies (BriteSmile and Zoom!).
And while that success is inspiring, what’s even more is the generosity behind it. With generosity a built-in component to his personality, he’s found that by giving he always receives it back and more without expecting it.
Dr. Bill helps with the charity Smiles for Life and also is one of the founders of the LEAP Foundation, which connects teenagers and young adults with mentors with the end goal of helping them achieve success.
You don’t want to miss out on this fascinating conversation – I am still in awe and also thinking of more ways I can give more and do better.
• What’s one of your superpowers?
• What is one regret you have?
• What’s one of your favorite books?
• Who is someone who has changed your life?
• What has made you stand out from all the other peers in your field?
• What role did your mom play in your upbringing and did it have anything to do with your unstoppable nature?
• How did you turn Discus Dental into a multi-billion-dollar business?
• Where does your deep desire to give come from?
• What is the importance of a smile in your opinion?
• Where did the idea for the LEAP Foundation come from?
• What type of breakthroughs happen at LEAP?
• How did people get their philanthropic idea off the ground?
Dr. Bill’s Thoughts…
“Every time I’ve really planned on giving back without any ulterior motive, I’ve ended up gaining more than I gave.”
“You have the greatest resource in the world at your fingertips. Go on the internet, find something that’s similar, see what they do and do it better.”
“Just be nice.”
Dr. Bill Dorfman has been practicing dentistry for over 30 years and has dedicated his life to helping others. Dr. Bill has been featured on TV shows like ABC’s Extreme Makeover, CBS’s The Doctors, Larry King Live, Steve Harvey, and Oprah.
He was the co-founder of Discus Dental, one of the world’s leading dental companies whose dental products, BriteSmile and Zoom!, have become household names worldwide. From its inception, Discus Dental’s gross sales were over $1.3 billion and was sold to Philips in 2010. Dr. Bill is a passionate philanthropist, the recipient of 14 lifetime achievement awards, and the proud father of three daughters.
You’re Going To Hear About:
- What makes Dr. Bill stand out from his peers
- How Discus Dental was created and grew to be a multi-billion-dollar business
- How giving back has given him even more back in return
- How Extreme Makeover catapulted his business because of his generosity
- His charity Smiles for Life and it’s giving to date
- The LEAP Foundation
- And so much more…
For more stories and tips on becoming unapologetically wealthy, follow me @Chriswharder on Instagram and check out www.fortheloveofmoney.com.