For years Lori and I were yes people, and for years we have watched others “yes” themselves to death. Now, we practice not just saying no to things that do not serve our greater vision and purpose, but going beyond that and letting it be okay if we disappoint people by saying no. We have consistently learned from others who have beautiful boundaries to protect and who have thrived by doing so. When you say yes to everything, you water down your message. When you constantly say yes, you take yourself away from your primary vision and the message you want out in the world.
CONNECT WITH CHRIS
Listen to The Chris Harder Show
CONNECT WITH LORI
Lite Pink: @drinklitepink
Earn Your Happy: @earnyourhappy
Listen to Earn Your Happy
(0:30) Welcome back to another He Said She Said episode of The Chris Harder Show.
(0:45) Chris and Lori update us that they have been Wake Surfing 3-4 times a week.
(0:56) Chris asks Lori “Why do you think it’s different this year? What have you done differently?”
(2:02) Chris asks listeners, “What percentage of that work could you say no to without changing where you are today?”
(2:55) Chris explains how he no longers responds to other people’s agenda and how that looks when he only checks his email twice a week.
(4:23) Lori asks Chris, “What if you miss out on an opportunity? What will people think of you?”
(9:58) Lori asks Chris, “What has gotten you to the point of not caring about other people’s agendas?”
(11:47) Lori says, “I have learned how to say no, and let it be okay that I’m disappointing people” and gives examples of defining what yes’ are worth it.
(15:28) Lori says, “The way to know that you are someone who is probably going to create what you want and create the relationships that you want, is when you are getting rejected, and people are saying no to you, and you are okay with it.”
(17:57) Text DAILY to 310-421-0416 to get daily Money Mantras to boost your day.
When you say
yes too much,
no to your destiny,
no to your
You’re Going To Hear About:
- Why you shouldn’t say yes to every opportunity and should only say yes to what serves your agenda. We discuss the side effects of “yessing” yourself to death
- If you don’t get an immediate answer to a request, it doesn’t mean to stop asking. We discuss how to not take it personally
- How and why it is harder for women to turn down opportunities and how women can overcome the fear of saying no
- How people react to your no is usually telling of how they will behave and show up for you down the line
- Why protecting boundaries and respecting others is so important
- Text DAILY to 310-421-0416 to get daily Money Mantras to boost your day