Heather Monahan is a best-selling author, professional speaker and podcast host. She shares her incredible story of how she overcame poverty, climbed the ranks to become a C-suite executive in radio and then launched her personal brand after getting fired unexpectedly. We discuss where she gets her inner drive from and how she’s passing that on to her teenage son. We talk very candidly about what it was like to get fired at the height of her media career and how she’s worked to reframe that experience. Heather shares the inspiration behind her latest book, Overcome Your Villains: Mastering Your Beliefs, Actions, and Knowledge to Conquer Any Adversity, and what readers can expect to take away from it. Listen in to hear more about Heather’s inspirational story and some amazing tips that she has for creating abundance.
( 1:11 ) Welcome back to The Chris Harder Show.
( 2:51 ) Today’s guest, Heather Monahan, joins the conversation.
( 3:19 ) Chris asks Heather, “How did you go from poverty to the kind of career that you’ve had right now?”
( 6:20 ) Chris asks Heather, “How do you lean to the bright side? How did you harness this and then choose to use it?”
( 7:19 ) Chris asks Heather, “How do you instill some of this grit and hard work ethic and all these really cool things in your son when he’s growing up in an opposite situation?”
( 11:12 ) Chris asks Heather, “This interesting situation happened where you weren’t expecting to get fired, where you?”
( 11:36 ) Chris asks Heather, “What were your first thoughts? What did you do? Was it panic? What was it?”
( 12:49 ) Heather explains the loss of identity that she felt after losing her job.
( 15:28 ) Chris asks Heather, “What were those first couple of steps after you caught your breath to turn into this incredible brand that you are today?”
( 18:03 ) Chris asks Heather, “Where do you get this inner sense of just asking for what you want?”
( 21:21 ) Chris asks Heather, “When you look back on that show, would you have done it differently? Or did it go exactly how you hoped it would?”
( 26:13 ) Chris asks Heather, “What is your favorite part, favorite lesson, favorite chapter in that book?”
( 28:24 ) Chris says the first 50 people to tag him and Heather on Instagram and let them know what their favorite part is so far, Chris will PayPal or Venmo them for downloading that book.
( 29:25 ) Chris asks Heather, “Walk us through a few ways that we can clean up some of these toxic environments.”
( 33:41 ) Heather explains the sunk cost fallacy.
( 36:13 ) Heather breaks down her BAK process.
( 38:19 ) Heather talks about the book that she’s currently writing.
( 45:41 ) Chris asks Heather, “What is one great thing, big or small, that you’ve been able to do for somebody else?”
( 48:13 ) Chris asks listeners to share the podcast and leave a 5-star review.
I had to clear out
the villains around
me before I ever
even became aware
that I was the
ultimate villain in my life.
You’re Going To Hear About:
- The superpowers that she pulled out of growing up in poverty
- How she’s raising her son to be resilient
- What losing her job meant for her identity
- The first steps she took to create her brand
- How she landed Gary Vee as the first guest on her podcast, plus how she got on his show
- Tips for overcoming toxic environments
- What sunk cost fallacy is
- Her BAK process: belief, action, knowledge
- Masculine and feminine energies in business
- How her relationship with money has changed since signing up for my text list
- Follow her on Instagram: @heathermonahan
- Connect with her on LinkedIn: @theheathermonahan
- Visit her website: heathermonahan.com
- Listen to Creating Confidence
- Text DAILY to 310-421-0416 to get daily Money Mantras or Business Perspective messages to boost your day.
- Check out Heather’s latest book, Overcome Your Villains: Mastering Your Beliefs, Actions, and Knowledge to Conquer Any Adversity. I will reimburse the first 50 people who download it, screenshot on Instagram that they’re listening to it, share their favorite takeaway so far, and tag both @heathermonahan and @chriswharder!