Have you hit a plateau with your business and can’t seem to figure out why? Give my following list of five a read (and listen) and I bet you’ll likely find an area to improve upon.
1. Trying to be a one-man show. I get it, you take pride in being able to do it all on your own, but my advice? Get help sooner than later. Save your time (and sometimes money) by getting someone else to do it faster and better. Hint: This is, in my opinion, the No. 1 reason people hit a plateau.
2. Not upgrading your tribe. Seek out people (even if you’re intimidated by them) who are already successful and doing what you want to do. This was a game-changer for Lori and me.
“Upgrading your tribe is the world’s greatest shortcut to get from where you are now to where you want to go with your goals.”
3. Not upgrading your personal software. It’s all about working on your own mindset! Keep learning new things.
“If you’re not growing, you’re shrinking.”
4. Losing your passion. Keep in mind that love is a verb, but it doesn’t just apply to relationships, it applies to your business too. Don’t let the daily (often boring) tasks bring you down. Make sure to take a break every now and then from working “in” your business and instead work “on” it. Think mastermind groups or something similar that gets you out of the day-to-day briefly, but also keeps that business passion spark alive.
“Money is in the monotony.”
5. Paying attention to too many shiny objects. Keep your eye on the prize even when other shiny prizes are being flashed at you. Every time you turn your attention away from your path, you’re putting your business on hold. Stay the course, but find that sweet spot of educating yourself on new trends but not letting it take over everything else. Keep your focus on your original goals.
There you have them! Did any sound familiar? Once you’re aware of any blocks that apply to you, you can be on guard so you don’t fall into their traps. And that, of course, means more success – faster!