Living a life of generosity and prosperity requires being generous to yourself as well as others. Many people are sacrificing way too much of their life in order to defer to some dream life down the road. I’m going to tell you exactly how to build – and how to protect – your dream life.
We’ve been taught to work hard and, only once it’s done, look at how much time we have left to actually live. You can be financially successful while living your dream life in the moment. Just build your dream life schedule and how you want to get there. We need to live life the way that we want and see what’s left for us to achieve our goals. There is some limit to what is realistic, but you can do far more than you think and in less time than you expect.
Here’s the process: you start with the macro and work your way down to the micro.
- Make a list of everything that’s important for you to do on a daily basis in your dream life.
- List any additional things that are less regular (e.g. once a year).
- List what days or weeks you want off over the next 12 months.
- Decide what your perfect work week looks like. How many days, what days, and what do you do on those days?
- What are your dream work hours?
Once you’ve put all of that together, you have what your dream life would look like down to the hour. Now it’s time to protect it.
- Block off your availability in your calendar.
- Communicate your container to anyone who needs to know.
- Honor it yourself.
- Use trading to create flexibility.
This is a game changer. You will get more done in less time, you will be less resentful of your work, and you will have more energy because you are working only when you want to. Start living your dream life today, while still hitting your audacious goals.