Everyone has some limiting beliefs that are holding us back from getting where we want to go. Sometimes the hardest part of getting through your journey is finding a way to move past those beliefs. We are going to share three limiting beliefs each that we’ve had to go through in order to be where we are today.
- Anxiety and panic attacks. Every time she would get in front of people she would feel like she couldn’t breathe, starting as far back as 7th grade.
- Not understanding your worth. It can feel scary to charge what you should when providing a product or service without undercutting yourself. If you’re resentful for the time you’re putting in without compensation then something is out of alignment.
- Fear of sharing your story. It can be hard when you’re trying to be authentic but you know that sharing details about your life are going to have an impact on other people.
- Fear of comparison. When Chris was preparing to launch For the Love of Money, he kept putting it off because he couldn’t stop comparing himself to other brands that were further along. You want to surround yourself with people who motivate you, but you have to be able to step through that fear and do it anyway.
- Fear of failure. Chris would set big sales goals but worry about the blowback that would come if he didn’t hit them. The irony is that he’s rarely hit the sales goal he set, but that didn’t mean they weren’t successful and still worth doing.
- Fear of change. This comes along when you are afraid of losing the good life you have in the pursuit of a great life.
Strategy is everywhere. It’s easy to find. But what’s really holding most people back is their belief in their ability to do it. So take a look at the limiting beliefs that are holding you back and tell yourself “This isn’t true.” Only then can you move forward into your highest self.