Generosity has always been at the center of my ethos. My goal is to help people make more money so that they can be more generous with it. Negativity has been dominating the conversation lately, so I want to shift gears and bring some positivity into the world.
Charities are suffering right now because people aren’t talking about, or showing, generosity as consistently as they had in years past. Without bringing generosity into the discussion, people with money are forgetting to give as often as they could.
I believe in the 50/50 rule of generosity. Share half of your acts of giving and let the other half remain private. If you share them all, it could imply that you are doing so for the congratulations, only. When you share only half of what you give, you can feel confident and grounded in your intention and its impact, only sharing to inspire others to do the same.
These are some of my favorite ways of giving more in little ways every day:
- Always round up to the next $10 when you are tipping
- Have an “always yes” policy when retailers give an option to donate
- Putting out treats for delivery workers
- Share a friend’s business once a week
- Pay for the order of someone behind you in line
When we make a point of giving more every day, we show others a positive example of what they can do too. Because when good people make good money, they do great things.
This is the show
to listen to
if you want a better life —
and to create
better lives for others, too.
You’re Going To Hear About:
- The 50/50 generosity rule
- Fun, easy ways to be generous
- The importance of reminding people to do great things
- Join the Own Your Future Challenge