Today’s guest, Christine Hassler, is one of the wisest people I’ve had on my show to date and I know you’re going to learn a lot from her stories and experiences, too.
As a child, Christine always felt as though she didn’t belong. Growing up with some health problems, she was always seen as different and wasn’t well liked. As difficult as this was to cope with, Christine compensated for it all by focusing on being smart (an overachiever if you will) so she could be super successful. While this tactic worked for a long time, it still never eliminated the feeling that she had something to prove. So after graduating college (double major and a minor in 3.5 years), she went where a lot of people go to do just that – Hollywood. Christine didn’t want to be an actor, but she did end up being an agent.
Christine’s life, from the outside, was amazing – a six-figure career, a successful boyfriend, parties with celebrities etc. – but inside she was miserable and suffering from anxiety and depression. Then with the encouragement of a friend, she met a therapist who loved her unconditionally and for the first time in her life, looked at her with zero judgment. It changed her world. After seeing this therapist for some time, Christine left her successful career to pursue other passions. While at the time this seemed like an easy thing to do, it was anything but, and after multiple setbacks (boyfriend dumped her, diagnosed with an auto immune disorder, massive debt etc.), she still didn’t know what to do with her life.
Throughout this time of struggle, Christine had to seek what it was she truly wanted and she discovered that it was to serve and share her experiences with others. So, she decided to write a book about her own challenges and experiences and getting through them. And that’s when her first book, Expectation Hangover was born. Christine has since published several other books and now coaches individuals and hosts multiple courses.
This is the perfect episode for those who are feeling lost and looking for answers or trying to cope with disappointment and unexpected life events. I know I personally had a few mind-blowing a-ha moments throughout our talk and would love to hear if you had any moments of clarity, too.
• Where does the desire for a successful life come from?
• How do you make the shift from drive to inspired?
• What’s holding people back from earning what they want to earn in business?
• How can spiritual entrepreneurs bust through “starving artist syndrome?”
• How has your abundance/wealth journey evolved?
• What is an “Expectation Hangover?”
• What is the key to marketing to millennials?
“The external cannot fulfill the internal.”
“Success to me is doing things we love.”
“Finances aren’t the only way that our self-worth issues and limiting beliefs show up.”
“Money does matter and it’s energetic, and it’s just another reflection of our overall well-being.”
“If you want to truly help people and serve and be an instrument, you’ve got to own your worth because you’ll be able to serve more people.”
“I want to work with people who are willing to change.”
“You can wait for time to heal your wounds or you can dive in and do the healing work now.”
“Look at failure as feedback.”
Christine Hassler is a best-selling author, keynote speaker, master coach, podcast and TV host who is committed to guiding people and organizations into their highest potential. She left her successful job as a Hollywood agent at 25 to pursue a life she could be passionate about… but it did not come easily. After being inspired by her own unexpected challenges and experiences, she realized her journey was indeed her destination. In 2005, she wrote the first guidebook written exclusively for young women, entitled 20 Something 20 Everything. Christine’s second book, The 20 Something Manifesto written for men and women stems from her experience coaching twenty-something’s. Her newest book Expectation Hangover: Overcoming Disappointment in Work, Love and Life is the guidebook for how to treat disappointment on the emotional, mental, behavioral and spiritual levels.
You’re Going To Hear About:
- How to create success by getting and feeling inspired
- Why it’s important to have a coach
- How to use spiritual and practical/logical approaches to create with inspiration
- About working in your zone of genius
- Why beliefs around self-worth and money can affect your ability to earn
- The meaning of “expectation hangover”
- How to reframe failure and disappointment and treat on the emotional, mental, behavior and spiritual levels
- Why it’s so crucial to surround yourself with other successful people
- Tips on marketing to millennials
- And so much more…
- Find more information about her books and courses at: http://christinehassler.com/books-and-courses/
- IG: @christinehassler
- FB: facebook.com/christinehasslerpage
- Over it and On with it Podcast
For more stories and tips on becoming unapologetically wealthy, follow me @Chriswharder on Instagram and check out www.fortheloveofmoney.com.