If today’s guest’s voice or picture looks familiar to you, it’s likely because you’ve seen James Swanwick at some point on ESPN. While that’s where he found early success, since that time this Australian-American has become an incredibly successful entrepreneur, speaker, health coach and podcast host.
We covered a variety of topics, but I was blown away by the common beliefs and habits we shared, including the act of reading a book a day. While I only did it for 30 days, James has been faithfully reading a book a day for years. James and I dig deep into his generosity practice and why he feels it’s the only way to lead in order to form true and authentic relationships, why he gave up alcohol and now helps others do the same with his 30-Day No Alcohol Challenge. Genuinely wanting to help others, he also founded Swanwick Sleep that focuses on better sleep in a blue-light filled world.
Be sure to check out the Resources here to follow all of the amazing things he’s doing!
- What is one of your favorite books?
- What is one of your superpowers?
- What is a challenge you’re facing right now?
- Can you give us a high-level overview of your upbringing and how you got to where you are today?
- What are your practices to reading a book a day?
- Who’s the most fascinating entrepreneur you’ve ever interviewed?
- Why did you quit drinking?
- What is your 30-Day No Alcohol Challenge?
- Can you tell me about a transformation that really stuck out to you?
- How does someone join your challenge?
- How are you able to connect people so well?
- What has being involved with charities done for you and which charities mean the most to you these days?
- What was the best lesson you took away from working with 11 charities in 11 weeks?
- What is the rage behind blue light-blocking glasses?
“Just do it and do it now.”
“Your network impacts your net worth.”
“You have to lead with generosity with people in order to earn an authentic relationship with them.”
“There is no good, there is no bad – there’s just happenings. Our perception makes it good or bad.”
James Swanwick is an Australian-American investor, entrepreneur, speaker, health coach and former SportsCenter anchor on ESPN and host of The James Swanwick Show podcast. He is the creator of blue-light blocking glasses Swannies from Swanwick Sleep, which helps people sleep better; and the 30 Day No Alcohol Challenge, which helps people reduce or quit alcohol. Forbes magazine voted him one of the Top 25 Networking Experts. Swanwick has interviewed celebrities including Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Kobe Bryant, David Beckham and Arnold Schwarzenegger.
Follow me on social media @ChrisWHarder on Instagram and check out www.ForTheLoveOfMoney.com