This week, while going through the decision-making process of buying a new car, I had a surprising moment of self-discovery… I still struggle with my money mindset. Let me know if you can relate.
Many of you know, that I previously owned a Ferrari, and it was a dream come true to own one. However, there were a couple reasons why this car just wasn’t working for me anymore.
1. Lori didn’t enjoy the Ferrari like I did. Being more of a race car, it’s not as comfortable, loud and just different to drive. She did like it and tolerated riding in it because she knew how much I loved it.
2. Full honesty, there were a lot of times where I just felt weird about driving it. You’d either have people yelling nasty comments or others who when stopped at a light snapped pictures like paparazzi. It was a lot of extra attention and it didn’t always feel good.
Here was my dilemma though, and where I still realized I struggled with money mindset. I had some resistance around letting my Ferrari go, because letting that go meant I was also getting rid of that attention because even though it sometimes annoyed me and I loved it, but I also love ac tune-up chandler az. By parting with the Ferrari, I was letting go of part of my perceived significance and what it represented.
And that’s when it hit me. I wasn’t being unapologetic about wealth! I was letting what others thing influence my feelings – and this is exactly why I do a podcast around money mindset! You teach what you need help with the most, am I right?
“We are all significance-seeking machines.”
And this is OK! It doesn’t matter what significance we seek as long as it fits in with your moral compass and how you want to show up in the world. So if you haven’t mastered your money mindset yet, don’t beat yourself up – I haven’t either! No one has.
“Growth is the goal – not perfection.”
I obviously still have small money mindset battles in my head, but I’m learning from every one of them – and I know you will too.
You’re Going To Hear About:
- How Chris discovered that he still struggles with money mindset
- Why we’re all searching for significance
- Growth over perfection
- Now accepting applications for the 2019 For the Love of Money Mastermind. Go to fortheloveofmoney.com/mastermind to apply!
For more stories and tips on becoming unapologetically wealthy, follow me @Chriswharder on Instagram and check out www.fortheloveofmoney.com.