When it comes to money mindset, a lot of us take in advice from well-meaning people or institutions that want to keep us small. I’m breaking down three myths that might be holding you back financially, including why your money shouldn’t be sitting in a savings account, how to tell the difference between good and bad debt, and why you shouldn’t be racing to pay off your mortgage. There are so many ways to start putting your money to work, but it all starts with your beliefs about what’s possible for you and your financial health.
Episode Timeline & Discussion Questions:
(1:16) Welcome back to The Chris Harder Show. Today, Chris is covering three financial myths that might be holding you back from achieving your wealth goals.
(2:01) Chris talks about the future of the American middle class.
(4:20) The first myth is that the best place for you to save money is in a savings account.
(6:10) The second myth is that all debt is bad.
(10:33) The third myth is that you should pay your mortgage off as fast as possible.
(16:19) Chris recaps the three main points of the episode.
(17:33) Text DAILY to 310-421-0416 to get on Chris’s text list and receive daily positive money mantras or business advice.
(18:17) Chris asks listeners to share the podcast and leave a 5-star review.
You have to have an
not a saving mentality.
A saving mentality is a
lie because your
savings is evaporating
compared to the cost
of things going up.
You’re Going To Hear About:
- The reality of the disappearing middle class
- The lie that big banks sold to us about savings accounts
- Examples of strategic debt and consumer debt
- My rule of thumb for measuring how much monthly debt you can responsibly handle
- Why I tell homeowners to skip the double mortgage payments and invest that money into something that will give them a far bigger return
- Text DAILY to 310-421-0416 to get daily Money Mantras or Business Perspective messages to boost your day.