I was fortunate enough to receive an advance copy of my friend and mentor, Lewis Howe’s book, Mask of Masculinity. I devoured the book in just a couple of days and love how it brought me just as many moments of enlightenment and breakthroughs as it did resistance. And this is why I was so honored to have an in-person interview with Lewis the other day to talk about it.
If you’re a man who wants to understand the masks he wears or a woman who wants to obtain the “keys to the kingdom” and the tools to connect with the men in her life, I definitely recommend buying the book (or pre-ordering – it releases Oct. 31) and for sure listening to this episode as he explains more about his journey with this book and also gives an in-depth into his sincere and giving nature.
• Why did you write Mask of Masculinity and why right now?
• Was the book a healing process for you as well as other men?
• Do women wear these masks as well?
• Which of the 9 different masks did you tend to wear the most?
• When did wearing one of these masks really cost you something?
• How have these masks shown up in your business?
• What if someone likes their masks?
• How do we know if we have a healthy mindset?
• Do you ever find yourself purposely trying to avoid masks?
• What is one of your all-time favorite moments of giving?
• And more…
“If we want to be ultimate human beings, we should be committed to our vision, not our egos, which hurt us.”
“Reacting is never as good as responding from a place of grace.”
“How can I be driven to achieve what I want, but make sure I’m living in harmony as well?”
“Be who you want to be and embrace it, but have peace in your heart.”
“Ultimate fulfillment is when we continue to grow and contribute to others.”
“If self-worth is based on a mask, it’s temporary.”
“Even if you can’t give financially, you can still give your heart and energy to people and it will feel amazing.”
“Don’t stop being who you are. Step into who you fully are by embracing a holistic lifestyle.”
“The more you achieve and succeed, the more of an example you can set for others.”
Before LEWIS HOWES became a media sensation for empowering people and sharing ‘Greatness’ across the globe, he had his share of obstacles to overcome. From having a learning disability, which led to being alone and bullied in school, to being sexually abused as a child, to being injured and broke on his sister’s couch, Lewis’s story is the perfect example of how anybody can overcome the obstacles in their life and achieve greatness. Fast forward a few short years, and Lewis is a New York Times Bestselling author of the hit book, The School of Greatness and releases his new book, Mask of Masculinity on Oct. 31. He is a lifestyle entrepreneur, high performance business coach and keynote speaker. A former professional football player and two-sport All-American, he is a current USA Men’s National Handball Team athlete. He hosts a top 100 podcast in the world, The School of Greatness, which has over 40 million downloads since it launched in 2013. He was recognized by The White House and President Obama as one of the top 100 entrepreneurs in the country under 30. Lewis has been featured on Ellen, The New York Times, People, Forbes, Inc, Fast Company, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Men’s Health, The Today Show and other major media outlets.
You’re Going To Hear About:
- Why Lewis wrote Mask of Masculinity
- How his new book helps men let go of their ego and heal
- How men are conditioned to react with anger and frustration
- What ways men use masks to fit in or to ensure they’re worthy of acceptance
- How we can break out of our default masks by getting to the root cause of them
- The importance of being aware of things that trigger your masks
- When money feels fulfilling or unfulfilling
- Why it’s necessary to have regular conversations about money
- The reason why Lewis still drives a 1991 Cadillac he bought for $4,000
- Why having a holistic lifestyle is a non-negotiable for Lewis
- What the rewards and prices of wearing masks are
- And so much more…
- Mask of Masculinity by Lewis Howes Available for pre-order now at: Maskofmasculinity.com
- IG: @lewishowes
- FB: facebook.com/lewishowes
For more stories and tips on becoming unapologetically wealthy, follow me @Chriswharder on Instagram and check out www.fortheloveofmoney.com.