Bola Sokunbi is the founder of Clever Girl Finance, a certified financial instructor, a best-selling author, and more. One of the most impressive things about her is that she has made all of her classes free while we are all facing these tough financial challenges. You’re going to love our conversation around what order you should be investing in, her story of how she was inspired to start this brand, how she saved her first $100,000, and some of the financial mistakes she’s made along the way. We also dig into the wealth gap that exists not only for women but in the Black community. You’re going to love this episode.
- How did your mother inspire your business?
- How did you save $100,000 right out of college?
- What are some money mistakes that you made?
- What are the most common mistakes you see people making today?
- How can we work on getting rid of gender and racial income gaps?
- What order should we be investing our money in?
- What is your secret for pumping out quality content?
Bola is a Certified Financial Education Instructor (CFEI), finance expert, author, speaker, and founder of Clever Girl Finance, a financial education platform and community for women empowering them to achieve financial wellness and live life on their own terms.
Clever Girl Finance has been voted as one of the top personal finance websites for women. In addition, Bola and Clever Girl Finance have been featured by several media outlets including Time.com, Money Magazine, CNBC, Forbes, Fast Company, Essence, Black Enterprise, Cheddar TV, ABC News, Good Morning America, BBC, Fox Business and The Chicago Tribune as well as on several other finance websites and podcasts.
Follow me on social media @ChrisWHarder on Instagram