You probably already know Ali Brown — either through the groundbreaking work she does leading women through their businesses or from her appearance on the hit TV show “Secret Millionaire.” She is also the founder and CEO of the women’s business empowerment company We Lead and one of the most recognized entrepreneurial coaches in the world, having built a coaching and consulting enterprise that ranked in the Fortune 500 list of fastest-growing private companies in the US. You’re going to love listening in on our conversation about what to do if you are pivoting in your business or just getting started making the transition from a job to entrepreneur. We talk about what mistakes to avoid and what opportunities to spot, and why right now is one of the best times in history for women to be business owners.
- Take us back to the moment when you were broke and trying to start your business?
- What’s the first step if you’re feeling like you’re starting a business from below zero?
- What is one of the most important strategies for navigating this crazy time?
- What should you do and not do in a recession?
- Why should people lean into this recession instead of fighting it?
- Why are women entrepreneurs such an important segment for you?
- What’s a lesson that will stick with you from these times?
- What do you look for in women and in a business before you invest?
Over the last 15 years, Ali Brown has advised and helped nurture the businesses of many of the 7- and 8-figure online thought leaders you see thriving today, and her mentoring has even been spotlighted on CNN.com. Ali has been dubbed the “Entrepreneurial Guru for Women” by Bussiness News Daily and has taken her company to the Inc. 500 list rankings. She was named a Forbes Woman to Watch, one of EY’s Winning Women Entrepreneurs, and an entrepreneur delegate for the United Nations Foundation’s Global Accelerator. Ali has been featured on major media including the ABC hit primetime show Secret Millionaire. She provides leadership and business advice to over 250,000 followers via AliBrown.com, her social media channels, and her award-winning Glambition® Radio show. She was also named by Entrepreneur Magazine as having one of the Top “10 Twitter Accounts Every Entrepreneur Should Be Following”. Ali is an angel investor with a special interest in women-led ventures. She and her Australian husband Brett are parents to 6-year-old twins. They are based in Scottsdale, Arizona, and spend part of each year in Sydney.
Follow me on social media @ChrisWHarder on Instagram