I’m really excited to share today’s conversation with you because I sat down with Alex Banayan, speaker and the author of The Third Door, an incredible book about some of the most successful people in the world. Over the course of his unprecedented seven-year journey, Alex interviewed the most innovative leaders of the past half-century, including Bill Gates, Lady Gaga, Larry King, and SO many more. Alex is a member of my Elite Mastermind, and I couldn’t be more grateful to have him, and I love the energy he brings to the group. In this episode, Alex and I talk about being resourceful, persevering, and going after the success you want.
- How did you get the money to fund your book?
- How did you finally create the third year?
- Would you use your celebrity to get access to bigger names and write a new book?
- Did you ever have an expectation going into an interview about how the person would be, and how did you handle them being different than your expectation?
- How do you get people to enroll into your vision?
- Do you see a difference in the different generations of highly successful people?
- Who is your favorite person that you’ve ever interviewed?
Alex Banayan is the only nationally bestselling business author under 30 in America. His book The Third Door: The Wild Quest to Uncover How the World’s Most Successful People Launched Their Careers has been translated into more than a dozen languages. Over the course of his unprecedented seven-year journey, Banayan interviewed the most innovative leaders of the past half-century, including Bill Gates, Lady Gaga, Larry King, Maya Angelou, Steve Wozniak, Jane Goodall, Jessica Alba, Quincy Jones, and more.
The day before his freshman-year final exams, Banayan hacked The Price is Right, won a sailboat, sold it, and used the money to fund his larger-than-life adventure. Since then, Banayan has been named to Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list, Business Insider’s Most Powerful People Under 30, and been featured in major media, including The Washington Post, Fortune, CNBC, MSNBC, Fox News, and NBC News.
An acclaimed keynote speaker, Banayan has presented the Third Door framework to business conferences and corporate leadership teams around the world, including Apple, Google, Nike, IBM, Snapchat, Salesforce, and Disney.
Follow me on social media @ChrisWHarder on Instagram and check out www.ForTheLoveOfMoney.com
You’re Going To Hear About:
- What’s fueling Alex the most right now
- Hacking The Price Is Right to get money to fund his book
- How Alex got an interview with Warren Buffett
- What Alex is curious to tackle next + why repetition isn’t exciting
- How Alex handles expectations being different than reality
- Getting people to enroll into his vision
- The change in the demographics of highly successful people through generations
- The most enjoyable interview Alex has had + his dream interview
- Learn more: thirddoorbook.com
- Instagram: @alexbanayan
- Read: The Third Door
- Free training videos: fortheloveofmoney.com/free
- Money Principles