Today I am joined by growth strategist Brendan Kane to talk about growing a major social media following. In his career, Brendan has built massive followings for celebrities, brands, and everything in between. In his book, One Million Followers, Brendan gives readers a gimmick-free step-by-step checklist that will teach you how to gain, create, and build upon their social media platform. This conversation is an amazing one, and is about to help you explode your social media following.
- How did you gain this many followers and were they real?
- Is having a large following a prerequisite for having a successful brand?
- Who is your book for?
- What platform should we focus our effort towards?
- Do you have any secrets to share for growing an Instagram account?
- Why should we avoid fake accounts and bots?
- What are celebrities doing that we should?
- What do we need to know about the future of social media?
Brendan Kane is a growth hacker for Fortune 500 corporations, brands and celebrities. He thrives on helping brands systematically find and engage new audiences who reward relevant content, products and services with their attention and spend.
Brendan started his career at Lakeshore Entertainment where he oversaw all aspects of Lakeshore’s interactive media strategy. At Lakeshore, he worked on 16 films that generated worldwide gross of $685 million dollars. While at Lakeshore, Brendan pioneered the first ever influencer campaigns to effectively promote Lakeshore’s movies.
Brendan went on to build applications and platforms for celebrity clients Taylor Swift, Rihanna, Xzibit, Charles Barkley, Michael Strahan, supermodel Adrianna Lima and pro skateboarder Ryan Sheckler. Brendan is known for creating an innovative application for Taylor Swift and Rihanna that can automatically turn any Facebook profile into a website in less than 60 seconds. The applications and platforms Brendan created for his celebrity clients have been accessed by 50 million+ people worldwide.
Kane has spent his career discovering the best tools to turn any no-name into a top influencer simply by speaking into a camera or publishing a popular blog—and now he’ll share his secrets with you. Featuring in-depth interviews with celebrities, influencers, and marketing experts, One Million Followers is the ultimate guide to building your worldwide brand and unlocking all the benefits social media has to offer. It’s time to stop being a follower and start being a leader.
He also served as a consultant for the NHL and NFL Players Association on how to bolster their digital offering to both players and fans.
In partnership with MTV, Brendan conceptualized and built an advertising technology that monetized consumer to consumer interaction within social networks. This technology was utilized by MGM, Lionsgate, Sony, Yahoo, MTV, Rockband and Vice Magazine.
Brendan is currently advising Strike Social on the companies entertainment partnerships. Strike Social is largest TrueView Advertising and YouTube Intelligence company. Strike Social runs over 2,500 Trueview campaigns a day for brands such as; Disney, Fox, NBC, Netflix, XBOX Linkedin and many notable fortune 100 companies.
Follow me on social media @ChrisWHarder on Instagram and check out www.ForTheLoveOfMoney.com
You’re Going To Hear About:
- Why Brendan tried to gain so many followers
- How Brendan gained a million followers in 30 days
- The 3 key steps for growth
- The way that the system of social media works
- Who Brendan’s book is for
- Figuring out what platform is best for you to grow on
- Being a leader and providing value to others
- Growing an Instagram account + automated accounts
- Working with Taylor Swift
- What to watch in the future of social media
- Learn more: brendanjkane.com
- Instagram: @brendankane
- Read: One Million Followers ; How To Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie
- VIP Day: [email protected]