Some may find it hard to believe but everyone, and I mean everyone, has a ceiling. Yes, even Bill Gates, Oprah Winfrey or any other wildly successful person has one. And here’s why:
“Everybody has a ceiling or they’d be higher than they are now.”
For example, let’s say a person is making $100K a year. Why aren’t they making $200K? Because they have a ceiling. You can change the numbers, but you’ll still get the same answer. But here’s the good news. Every ceiling can be lifted. If you need a visual, think about those cheap drop-down tile ceilings that people used to put in their finished basements. When installed, yes, there’s a ceiling there, but it can easily be busted through to expose more space above it. And you can do the same with your “ceiling.”
Here are five steps to help you do just that.
1. Acknowledge that you have a ceiling and you’ve hit it. Now look for patterns and see how you can change it.
2. Choose to bust through the ceiling. This is your moment to burn the boats!
“Make sure it’s a real choice to bust through your ceiling – not just a desire.”
3. Choose new beliefs. Choose to believe what is possible. Look for evidence and beliefs to support why you’re worthy.
4. Choose new rituals. Reinforce your beliefs with new rituals. Read more, take new courses, set better boundaries, meditate more (or start), schedule forced creative time – the options are endless. Just know that your new beliefs won’t stay if you don’t reinforce them.
5. Uplevel your tribe. Your current tribe may be holding you back. This can be difficult, but know that you’re never leaving anyone behind because they always have the choice to come along. Choose people who have been where you want to go.
“Most people are in a habit of choosing people that make them feel good, not people that make them do better.”
All of the above steps build on top of one another and you can’t support one without the other. Because we know how important it is to have guidance when it comes to navigating this, we’ve created our life course, Aligned, that helps you choose new beliefs and rituals – and also connects you to a new tribe. Enrollment just opened this week and we’re so excited to help others on this journey! Join now and receive a special bonus!